Advanced Study (50hr): Hatha, Pranayama & Kriyas with Moena
Experience in this new Study how the foundational practices of yoga are way more than interesting; “the roots of yoga” are sacred tools practiced and translated over more than 1000 years. An inspirational guideline for curious yoga practitioners in modern times.
Hatha yoga can be seen as the “father” of all yoga forms, like : Astanga, Vinyasa Krama, Iyengar, the more modern Kundalini and many more. All find their origin in Hatha yoga. The aim of the practice is to create absolute balance of the interacting activities and processes of body, mind and energy. Ha represents Prana (vital force) tha represents mind. When the two forces unite there is awakening of higher consciousness.
In this 50 hours Study you will discover the richness of this profound practice that includes:
* Asana (with modifications of more advanced poses)
* Breath techniques and Pranayama (breath retention)
* Kriyas (purification techniques)
* Mudras (practices to channelize energy)
* Yoga philosophy from traditional scriptures, translated in a modern yogi’s life
Enrich your practice and teachings with these in depth rituals; and take your physical and energetical yoga to the next level.
What you’ll get out of this Study:
* You will learn to teach and practice a classical Hatha yoga class based on the structure of the Chakra system
* You will learn modifications of more advanced poses
* You will understand how Hatha yoga Asanas have a positive and balancing effect on the body’s constitution according the Ayurvedic philosophy of the Tridoshas
* You will learn the Shatkarma Kriyas (purification techniques) and how to translate them to modern use
* You will learn Pranayama, breath techniques, the use of Bandhas and Mudras and how they dissolve energetic blockages
* You will learn Hatha yoga philosophy and how to translate that into your daily life
* You will learn Mantras with their definition and relation to the ancient philosophy
Practicing and teaching yoga are an art, connecting to the heart. Moena teaches her classes the same way she loves to receive lessons: welcoming at all times, open to positive, transformative experiences. Aside from your unique individual experience of feeling more open and gaining a broader perspective on your possibilities, you feel the magic of a group synergy as the energy in class is uplifting and grounding.
Moena is a certified Jivamukti teacher who started her teaching journey with Hatha yoga TT, based on the principle of Critical Alignment.
As much as Moena has a razor blade sharp eye for Alignment she loves the fluidity of music that flows organically with the movements. As she has a passion for the Sanskrit language, she also has a lifetime love relationship with Mantra’s. What makes her classes outstanding is her convincement that being authentic makes eventually the journey of Self-discovery such an interesting one. Her quality is to make all unique and different individuals feel welcome and connected. Dare to be different and radiate in your weirdness is her biggest source of inspiration. Since a few years Moena has been the lead teacher of several teacher training programs for Vinyasa and teaches Pranayama, Asana technique and philosophy. Ayurveda, philosophy and Mantra for Yin yoga TT. Her knowledge of alignment, philosophy, breath techniques, history and sequencing makes Moena one of the most experienced ladies in the field.
This workshop will be held in English
Date: 18, 19 November and 1, 2, 3 December
Location: De Nieuwe Yogaschool